Well here it is, 2012. A time of fresh start right? I never understood why we use the new calendar year as a time of fresh starts, it seems so arbitary to me. So I usually use my birthday as a time of fresh starts. After all my birthday is when I got my real start!! Fortunately my birthday is in November, so I kinda get to start at a new year, and honestly everything gets put on hold for Christmas anyways (and finals many years). So while I may set about making my changes in November, I don’t actually start making them, for the most part, until January.
Having said that there are a few things I want to actually do with the new calendar year as well. One of those is to get more active with my blog. I loved the month of NaNoBloMo, it was great getting feedback and knowing people were reading my work! I am not a big person for goals, they can make our focus too rigid and cause us to lose sight of the truly important things in life, but I have a few goals for 2012.
- Read 50 books
- Finish writing my children’s book
- Improve my time management
- Blog every week
- Improve blog, and interactions with other bloggers.
- Create/find a balance in life between work, school, cat rescue, social life, and Katie time. (this one is gonna be tough, so many things I “have” to do, want to do, and “should” do, just not enough hours in the day for them all!)
- Establish an exercise routine. If I happen to lose weight in the process all the better, I just need to take better care of my body/mind.
- Be a better friend/girlfriend. (I thank my friends for sticking around, I know I haven’t always been the best of friends and have been a little, uh, difficult? this past year. My friends, especially my B and M are so important to me, I don’t know where I would be without them and will work so hard to be more contious of my behavior/interactions with them. I hope they will gently kick me if I do certain things again.)
- Take risks and step outside my comfort zone
- Be more aware of my thoughts
- Be happy, have fun, and make the most out of my short time on this planet.
I would also like to find some time and money to take a vacation, maybe visit my family in California again. This will depend in part upon finding a decent job and my old grandpa-cat’s health. So many things to do this year! Perhaps I am setting the bar too high, another thing I need to work on this year. Ah well, step by step I will figure this crazy life out. Let’s hope this year gives some good insights.
Blessings to everyone, may 2012 be a wonderful year for all of us!